Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Are You a "Mad" Woman?

Is anyone else as excited as I am for the Mad Men season 7 premiere this Sunday? I can't wait to see how the final season will end. Will Joan and Roger become an item? (I mean they have a love-child) Will Don find peace with himself by going back to his childhood home and those memories? What about Peggy, will she stay at the office? So many questions to be answered and you can bet I will be tuning into AMC to find them out.
Not only am I looking forward to the return of the Mad Men characters, I am also looking forward to the return of the Mad Men hairstyles. Don Draper has an excellent quote from the series which says, "Make it simple, but significant." However, when it comes to the hair on the show, there is nothing "simple" about it. Mad Men has captured the decade of 50's and 60's fashion to perfection. This is no easy task because this hair needs to be curled, set, teased, styled, pinned, brushed and hair-sprayed to a permanent hold. But every episode and every season the Mad Men hair stylists deliver a changing and evolving look that is a true reflection of the times.
For fun, I have included the memorable hair looks of Betty, Joan, Peggy and Megan, and want to know "What Mad Men Woman Are You?"

Are you a Betty? Classic beauty, Grace Kelly look-a-like and you only brake the mold when you're on a hot date.

Are you a Joan? Up-tight and professional. Your hair is always perfectly in its place because you are the type of woman who wants that in your hair and in your life.

Are you a Peggy? Despite some child-like tendencies to place your hair in a pony-tail, you are working your way up in the world and have the hairstyle to prove it.

Are you a Megan? You are stylish and Paris-chic! You are not afraid to try the fashion-forward trends of the decade.

I am looking forward to hearing your comments on what Mad Men woman you are! I have classified myself as a Megan Draper. Now, I just need to get to styling my hair and find that amazing wardrobe she has.

If you can't get enough of Mad Men fashion, I have also included the link to Mad Men Yourself which is a game that allows for you to create your own personal avatar from the show! Check it out.
Mad Men Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment